What's New in the New Year: 10 Products to Look For
Jan. 24, 2019: There's always something nice about starting out a new year, it gives you a chance to start anew. At Mockingbird, we've got a lot of exciting new products on the horizon in 2019. Here are some of the top things to look for in the coming weeks.
Pehr Canvas Storage Bins. These adorable canvas bins come in various sizes and are a great answer to storage problems in small places. Plus they make a cute gift basket! We have carried these in the past, but we're thrilled to welcome them back to Mockingbird this month! Check out our latest blog, which features these bins, about for realistic tips on decluttering kids' stuff in the New Year.
Uppababy Convertible Car Seat & Booster Seat. That's right! Uppababy has finally introduced the new Knox convertible car seat (left), which easily adapts from rear-facing (5-40 lbs) to forward-facing (25-65 lbs), and the new Alta high-back booster seat (40-100 lbs) for older kids who can buckle themselves.
- Mockingbird just started carrying some of the beloved books of Dr. Seuss and P.D. Eastman this January. Look for ever-popular titles like "Hop on Pop" and "Green Eggs & Ham" along with some of the newer versions, like "Dr. Seuss's Sleep Softly Book," an adorable touch and feel book for little ones.
- Speaking of books, we're also just started carrying beginning chapter books like the popular beginner series of “Magic Tree House” books, by Mary Pope Osborne, starring Jack and Annie who embark on many adventures and missions through a magical tree house. Also look for beginner chapter book series’ like “A-Z Mysteries,” “Ballpark Mysteries,” and “Ivy and Bean.”
- Everyone loves Rylee & Cru's baby and toddler clothes, so we're going to give its women's clothing line a try in the spring as well! Look for long sundresses and slub tee shirt dresses this spring (yes, they'll match the baby & toddler clothes!).
- And since we’re branching out into women’s clothes, why not offer some super cute tees for moms, too? Don’t miss our new super soft "Mama Bear" tees (and matching “Baby Bear” onesies) coming soon, too.
- The Little Feminist series has been super popular with its offering of board books, puzzles, magnets, and cards. Then came the Little Scientist series, and next up? The Little Artist series!
- Everyone loves little bows and barrettes for little girls, and we are thrilled to now offer The Tiny Bow Shop’s handmade hair clips and headbands in the prettiest colors and floral prints.
- Recently Mockingbird started carrying special gift bags for those who wanted something a little nicer than the standard Mockingbird bags. Soon you’ll also see a small selection of kids gift wrap available for purchase as well!
- Just in time for Valentine’s Day, the “What I Love About You” gift book is an adorable gift from parents to kids, from kids to parents, or from and to anyone any time of year. This little book contains fill-in-the-blank lines describing things you love about the recipient and you’ll see it on our shelves this month!