Baby It’s Cold Outside: Must-Have Accessories to Keep Baby Warm
Jan. 18, 2017: It’s January in New England, and that means, despite the fact that I’m putting bathing suits out on the racks these days, there’s a lot of wintery days ahead. But don’t let a few snowflakes keep you and your baby indoors. Here are a few of our favorite cold-weather accessories that will keep your baby warm from head to toe this season.
- 7 AM Evolution Blanket 212 is the ultimate baby bunting that grows with your baby thanks to the footmuff extensions. This means you’ll only need one to get you through the first few winters. You can’t beat its thermal filling, waterproof shell, and ergonomic hood.
- No need to bundle your baby with the wind and water repellant Car Seat Cocoon by 7 AM Enfant. Shown below, this secure cover fits perfectly onto your car seat.
- But if you are going to bundle your baby, Hatley’s Winter Puffer (below) is a lock. This one-piece hooded suit is insulated and waterproof, and the fold-over hands and feet ensure your baby’s fingers and toes always stay warm.
- Mac Mittens by Nui Organics are super soft and made of merino wool. Infant sizes are joined by a cord so when run through a coat they won’t get lost, and they don’t have a thumb – thank goodness, as there are few things more frustrating than trying to get that thumb into the right spot when it’s cold outside.
- One of the most versatile pieces in the lineup is the 7 AM Pookie Poncho. This insulated blanket can be worn over your baby carrier (facing inward or outward), stroller, or car seat. Interchangeable hoods simply snap on and off, which can add additional protection from cold winds if needed.
- Embrace the cold weather with Peppercorn Kids’ Snowflake Braid Beanie. This fleece-lined hat (plus matching mittens) is adorable and warm!
- Let’s not forget about mom. WarMMuff handwarmers by 7 AM attach to any stroller handle and keep your hands warm. They’ll be there when you forget your gloves and make quick breaks when you need to refill snacks or adjust your little one’s mittens (ah, the dreaded thumb!) even easier.
- In brisk weather, hUGGs will keep little toes warm. Hand crocheted in soft, ethically sourced, high quality Peruvian Highland Wool yarn. Best of all, these little booties are machine washable!