If the Shoe Fits: Why We Love See Kai Run
Mar. 8, 2016 - It’s exciting to watch your little one take those first steps; but it’s also gut wrenching to watch them stumble and fall—over and over again. I’ll never forget the sheer size of the welt my son had on his forehead after taking a spill on the hard floor at the Prudential Center one afternoon. Spills like these are inevitable, but making sure your child has good shoes on may help lessen their frequency.
See Kai Run shoes are a favorite at Mockingbird. Aside from the fact that they’re totally adorable, it’s also a top-quality line that meets the American Podiatric Medical Association’s standards for foot health and functionality. Created in 2004 by a Seattle-based mother in search of quality shoes for her son, the line now delivers shoes ranging from pre-walkers up to sizes for 8 year olds. Here are some other reasons why we love this brand:
- All shoes feature Velcro closures for easy on and easy off.
- The crib shoes are soft, flexible, and have soft suede soles with non-slip rubber pads. They have a breathable leather insole and lining, plus padded collar for extra comfort.
- The “Smaller” collection, for babies who are steadier on their feet, are also flexible and breathable, but feature a full-length rubber outsole for more grip and traction, plus more wiggle room at the toe.
- See Kai Run toddler and big kids shoes are lightweight with a durable, yet flexible, rubber sole.
- We love the new washable (and that means machine washable) shoe line, “Runners.” These shoes are extremely lightweight, comfortable, and water friendly as well—perfect for playgrounds with splash pads.
- See Kai Run’s philanthropic efforts are worth noting as well. The company donates 10% of proceeds from select styles to Peach’s Neet Feet, an organization that provides customized, hand-painted shoes to children living with disabilities and fighting serious illness.