UPPAbaby’s Newest Baby: The G-Link Double Umbrella Stroller
Feb. 22, 2016 - Tandem or side-by-side? There are pros and cons to each type of stroller, but it’s hard to find many cons to UPPAbaby’s new G-Link double umbrella stroller. The new 2016 G-Link model is comparable to the company’s G-Luxe, its souped-up umbrella stroller, but designed as a double.
To me, perhaps the most appealing thing about the new stroller is it’s lightweight design and compact size. I had to see it to believe it, but the all-aluminum frame keeps its weight under 25 pounds, and when folded (featuring a simple one-action fold), it’s a lot smaller than you’d think — a mere 18 inches wide. It also stands on its own once folded. Open, the stroller measures 30 inches wide, so getting around the city and fitting through doorways shouldn’t be a hassle.
Other features include:
- A full recline, plush head inserts and snap-on mesh foot barriers that make this stroller great newborns, as well as toddlers up to 50 lbs
- 4-position reclining seats and adjustable footrests for both seats
- Large independent canopies with SPF 50+ sunshades for both seats and, unlike the G-Luxe, the canopies have large peekaboo windows in each
- 4 sets of wheels, rather than the more traditional 6 seen on other double umbrella models, which make this stroller easy to maneuver
- One single-action foot break
- A cup holder, which attaches to the back of the stroller, instead of the outside
- A single large storage basket underneath plus storage pockets on the back of each canopy to keep items within reach
- A 5-point adjustable harness, although non-padded, on each seat
The stroller is available now in three colors: Jake/Black for $529.99, Ella/Jade and Pascal/Grey for $499.99.